12.01.2008

ThAnKsGiViNg

Thanksgiving has always been one of my very favorite holidays! My very favorite part is when you go around the table & everyone says what they're thankful for. Unfortunately, at my parents house this year the siblings were scattered at in-laws & our thanksgiving table wasn't as full as we would've hoped. We missed our tradition of thankfulness! (Luckily, my in-laws have the same tradition, so I didn't miss out completely!!) So, I'd like to take the opportunity to share what I'm thankful for!
  • FaMiLy: I am so lucky to have such great relationships with all of my family member! Brothers, Sister-in-laws, Lil' Sis EMILY, parents, ALL my in-laws! Boe & I are so blessed to have such a great support system around us!
  • FrIeNdS: This year I am grateful for friends old & new! I have been wonderfully surprised at the friends I've made in my ward & the great people I've been able to meet! I've also enjoyed the friendship of my life long friends that have increased through time & trials! I love you all!
  • ChUrCh: Here's my molly Mormon moment... I truly am grateful for the gospel & the opportunities I've been giving to really stretch myself this year! For those who don't know, I've been serving in the Young Women's & what seemed like an impossible calling for me has become more of a blessing to me then I ever thought possible! I hope I never forget the moment when I felt like I was truly an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands to be there for his Daughters at a moment when their hearts were open to hear. I am grateful to be giving the opportunity to serve. I believe you learn the most about yourself as you serve others.
  • WoRk: Now here is a new one for me... this year the economy has put a lot of stress on the Title industry. There have been many days where I thought that I wouldn't have a job come Monday. So, I am grateful I still have a job. I'm grateful that we have been able to provide for our needs!
  • BoE: I have the sweetest husband in whole world! I have been thinking a lot lately about how much I truly love Boe! When we were engaged I thought that it wasn't possible for me to love someone more then Boe & I loved each other. I am grateful to learn that I was wrong. It is amazing to me that the longer your married the more in LOVE you fall!

Well, I hope you all take a moment to think about the things you are grateful for this holiday season!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That was awesome. Its nice to think of what we really are gratefull for. Its good to have so much good in your life. Hope all is good, miss you tons
Megs

Jodi said...

Thanks for sharing! I am grateful I get to claim you as my sister! You are a great example to me and I love you!
ps Happy Birthday now a day late!