Oxygen
Arms: "no-no's"
right leg: IV
Left leg: blood pressure cuff & oxygen saturation monitor.
Porter was very happy to see some familiar faces! It was really sad to see whenever a nurse or a doctor came into his room he would sign "all done" & wave "bye bye" to them. You can't blame him for having a fear of doctors after all he has had to go through!
nap time... in the wagon of course!
watching Porter's "shows"....
We were finally able to go home Thursday afternoon. After 3 nights of little to no sleep we were all exhausted!
Porter didn't realize we were going HOME until Boe pulled up the car. It was so cute to see how excited he was to get in his car seat!!
Today is one week since surgery. We definitely had a bit of a rough road, but looking back we are so happy we decided to do this surgery! Porter is already a completely different child! NO puking, screaming, fighting. He is generally happy all the time! We feel blessed we were able to find the nature of the problem & fix it so he doesn't have to live in pain every day! So far Porter has not missed eating AT ALL! He has no desire to eat or drink anything. We hope this break from eating will heal his emotional pain towards food & one day he will want to eat food like everyone else. For now, we are just happy he is happy!! Thank you everyone for your love and support!
Today is one week since surgery. We definitely had a bit of a rough road, but looking back we are so happy we decided to do this surgery! Porter is already a completely different child! NO puking, screaming, fighting. He is generally happy all the time! We feel blessed we were able to find the nature of the problem & fix it so he doesn't have to live in pain every day! So far Porter has not missed eating AT ALL! He has no desire to eat or drink anything. We hope this break from eating will heal his emotional pain towards food & one day he will want to eat food like everyone else. For now, we are just happy he is happy!! Thank you everyone for your love and support!
7 comments:
what a brave little boy. Glad things are better now.
Thanks for the post! I love seeing Porter's smiling pictures. He looks like such a big boy, it's been too long since we've seen you guys! I also loved the balloon video, he seems like he is doing well! Love you tons!
He's such a happy little kid! Despite everything he's been through. Very inspiring. If only we come be more like children when we're faced with challenges.
I am so glad that he is doing so much better now! What a scary thing for all of you to have to go through.
What a tough kid to go through all that and still smile! I'm glad the surgery has helped.
I am just seeing this update now. I don't know what's wrong with my blog roll, it seems to take forever to update! I am glad things with Porter are going much better, poor kid!
You both are such wonderful parents and such great examples of unconditional love and patience! I'm so happy you've found a solution to Porter's eating difficulties and I pray he has a quick recovery!
Post a Comment