One of my favorite parts about thanksgiving is that moment at family dinner when everyone goes around the table & although it may be cheesy, everyone says what they are thankful for that happened the past year. I felt that this year I did not do an adequate amount of giving thanks!
I would feel very sad if I didn't specify a few of the things that I am most grateful for this year!
#1 I thought the best moment in my life was when I took a pregnancy test & found out we were expecting our first baby! I had a lot of moments of discouragement the last few years not understanding why it was so difficult for us to get pregnant. Looking back I understand the purpose in Heavenly Father's plan, & I feel grateful that I was being prepared for the coming of not one, but TWO babies! I have a lot of fears, and doubts about our unknown future with twins, but I whole heartily thank Heavenly Father that He is allowing me to follow my dreams of becoming on Mother. Because of an amazing relationship that I have with my own Mother, I feel very honored to be able to fulfil the same role in my children's life as my Mother did in mine!
#2 My husband! I am married to the perfect man for me! It has been a great experience for me to watch how our expecting these babies has lite a light in his eyes as well! He is very aware of my every need & is always making sure I'm not working too hard or doing anything that would hurt myself or the babies. I am so proud of him for finishing his Bachelors Degree this year! He finished in perfect timing & I am so proud of him for being determined enough to complete his goal of earning his degree. I truly respect & love him with all my heart! I am grateful he has honored his priesthood & has been able to give me a blessing when needed. He is a great husband!
#3 My Testimony. This is a hard one for me to talk about without getting emotional... I have had many opportunities to be close to the Spirit as I have served in the Young Women's program. I have had an unmeasurable strength added to my testimony that I pray I will stay close to the rest of my life! I have seen miracles manifest in the lives of young women where the power of Heavenly Father's hand could not be denied. I am grateful to truly believe that we have a Heavenly Father who is guiding our lives and watching over us everyday. I believe that in all things, even the things we do not understand, Heavenly Father is behind us giving us the strength we need to make it through. I am grateful to know that I am a Daughter of God. That is a simple, primary statement, that has great meaning to me!
Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a moment to think about that things in your life you are grateful for as well!
1 comment:
That was a really nice post Marye and I am certain you'll be wonderful parents!
Post a Comment