5.26.2011

+1 lb

Well, I decided not to post last week due to a minor melt down on my part.... I will equate it to the pregnancy hormones! ;)  Here's the story, I weighed Porter on Thursday & he had gained .9 lbs the first week on the Microlipids, & after having a difficult day (2 puking episodes), he lost .3 by Friday morning. I was really frustrated when I realized what is happening to his weight due to his puking spells. After being completely frustrated, he puked his breakfast, causing me to enter a crying frenzy that lasted most of the morning. Sounds ridiculous to admit it, but it felt like no matter how hard I work, how hard I pray, nothing helps him.  Really I just felt like a bit of a failure :(
 
However, I am pushing on & I really do believe that the microlipids are help a lot! He feels HEAVY! Which is so nice! =)
 
At 17 months Porter weighs 16 lb 4 oz, 28+ inches tall.
He LOVES his shows!
  • Elmo's World
  • Blue's Clues
  • Wonder Pets
  • Yo Gabba Gabba
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Special Agent Oso
He loves to go OUTSIDE to play with the dogs & throw Sam his Frisbee, or "jump" on the tramp
 
He is really amazingly fast at crawling & cruising, & he has taken a few steps & sits down. I believe he can walk on his own, Julie (his PT) & I agree he just hasn't decided he wants to yet! But I'm sure he will very soon!

3 comments:

Danny said...

I hate those kind of moments. I'm positive though that you are a great non-failing mom. I hope the weight gain gets easier. I was just looking through the pictures you have of him on the side of your blog and I can't believe how far he has come! Way to go Porter!

Alisha said...

I truly admire you and your strength. Your a great mom!

Erika said...

Keep at it Mama. You're doing a great job.