Well, friends. We are on a quest to help Porter gain weight!!! After much prayer, research, & doctor advice, we have a plan that has now been in action for 5 days! Friday's are our weight in days. Last friday he weighted in at 15.4.
Here's how:
appetite increaser- a med used for allergies that we are hoping he has a very common side affect as increased hunger! So far it helps him sleep really good at night, & he is super cranky until after his morning nap!! Not sure how long we will keep him on that one ;)
Microlipids-
I'm pretty sure this is the miracle we've been praying for!! 4.5 calories per ML. I add it to his bottles. Making it 30+ calories an ounce! When he consumes so little in a day, this helps a LOT!
Calorie counting-
I am writing down everything he eats to see just how many calories he eats every day! Our goal is 900-1000 calories per day! I can't believe a little guy like him has to eat so much to gain weight!!
So, be waiting for some good news on friday! We are praying for 1 pound+ this week!!
1 comment:
You are an amazing mother. I knew you would be. In a related story, i ran into your mom and sister at a dance competition but didn't realize it was them until it was too late. Your sister looks EXACTLY like you did in the good old days :) Don't be such a stranger.
Post a Comment