5.31.2011

Memorial Day

This year as we celebrated Memorial Day we were reminded of the love & support we have received from our families. I began the holiday feeling like we should celebrate as a family, spend an afternoon picnic with Paisley, or do something together... I felt overwhelmed at the thought of my entire family joining us there. I later realized the reason I struggle to include others in our memorial of Paisley, is because I often feel that no one understands. Which is true. No one really knows what our family has been through. However, we are very blessed to be surrounded by family who LOVES us, & supports us. I don't doubt that Paisley's death effected some of them deeply as well. I just wanted to take this chance to express our deep gratitude for those who so willingly show up to support us whenever possible. You know you are. Because so often there are no words to say besides thank you. I wish there was something more I could say or do, but.... there isn't. No words can express our feelings, our loss, our heartache. No words can adequately express that as the days go on, & her death is further & further in the past, our sorrow actually gets deeper & more pained. So because there are no words to say to you very special people... we love you.... & thank you!



































1 comment:

Erika said...

Just wanted to offer a hug.