4.16.2009

CAUGHT THE INSPIRATION

I am just going to start by saying that the only reason I am posting my statistics about training is because somehow it has motivated me to be in a race against myself! I have honestly surprised myself with my determination this week. I think it's because I put it out on the world wide web & now friends & family know what I said I am going to do & I just can't stand going back & saying that I just couldn't do it, or it was to hard!!

WITH THAT SAID- Levi gave me a tip yesterday to run slower then usual & run for as long as you can. "Slow & steady wins the race!" Before when I would run on the treadmill I would run between 6.0 & 7.2, I would barely be able to run a mile & I would be completely DEAD. Last night I took it down to 5.5 I was able to run a solid 30 minutes & ran 2.5 miles. I finished it out with a walk & completed the 3 miles (which is my goal because that is how long the run is for the triathlon) in 35 minutes! I know for most people that isn't great, but it is huge improvement for me! I doubled my distance. Yahoo! Now I'll have to focus on being able to run the 3 miles without stopping & getting my time down if possible!

I'm scheduled for a bike ride tonight so I hope the snow melts by then! :) There is nothing like riding outdoors. Honestly, a stationary bike just doesn't do the sport justice!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Way to go, Marye! Good luck with the bike ride tonight.

joshp said...

Marye, I'm looking forward to training with you. Let me know where I can help. BTW check out my pals: http://www.desert-sharks.com/about_us.html

Josh

Amanda Jo said...

I'm free every evening for a JR bike ride. Just let me know when you can. :)