


The Daybreak Tri is the finale of the Salt Lake Triathlon Series. The Daybreak Tri offers triathletes the only urban open water swim in the Salt Lake valley. The swim takes place in the new Oquirrh Lake at Daybreak and will offer a fast swim-to-bike transition. The bike course starts in Daybreak and goes past the Kennecott Copper mine and back. The run will take place inside of Daybreak on the fantastic trail systems around the lake. This race will be an instant classic for triathletes and offers spectators many opportunities to view different segments of the race.
http://www.ustrisports.com/daybreak.htm
Sprint and Olympic Distance: $65
Registration Closes September 17, 2009
SWIM (750 Meters Sprint / 1500 Meters Olympic)
The swim course will take place directly off of the boat ramp. Athletes will swim to the far east buoy and will go counterclockwise to the far north-west buoy. Turning counter-clockwise around the buoy, swimmers will continue to the inner buoy and will return to the boat ramp. Olympic-distance racers will pass the inner buoy and make a second counter-clockwise loop around the far buoys and then return to the boat ramp.
Bike Course (20K Sprint / 40K Olympic)
Athletes will exit the transition area onto Daybreak View Parkway and will follow it around the roundabout to 11800 south. Bikers will continue due west on a false flat until reaching the Bacchus highway. Making a left hand turn onto Bacchus, racers will conquer two challenging hills going past the entrance to the Kennecott Copper mines to the turnaround. Sprint-distance racers will complete one revolution and return to the transition area. Olympic-distance racers will proceed back to the Daybreak View turnaround and will make a second loop then proceed back to the transition area.
Run (5K Sprint / 10K Olympic)
The run course will begin at the transition area and follow the paved trails around Oquirrh Lake. The 3.1 mile loop will be completed once by Sprint-distance racers and twice by Olympic-distance athletes. The run course is flat and smooth and should make for a fast race to the finish. With good sight lines, racers will be able to see the competition and challenge each other to the finish.
6 comments:
Good for you, I know you will do great!
WOW!! I am so impressed! There is no way that I would ever be able to do one. Good luck!
Completing a triathlon is the most exhilorating feeling ever! Well, I've ever felt! I did the St. George Tri last May and became an instant addict. SLCC had a triathlon class with a Professor who did the Iron Man Hawaii. It helped ready myself for the race. If you need any help fixing up a bike, I'll definately help. I just used a regular bike, but fixed it up and put road tires on it. I might be able to sign up for it with you, but am not sure right now since I'd be getting hitched a ten days before the race, but it'd be a good thing to keep me energized and get me fit for the wedding. If you need a workout website, go to ontri.com. There you'll find workout plans, instructional videos, meal plans, etc. I'll at least train with you if you need a buddy! Oh, I'm so excited that you want to do a triathlon! You totally have the stamina for it. You always kicked butt in gym class! Lol! (This is one of those subjects that I just blabber on and on about!) It was just the best feeling to cross the finish line especially when you hit the wall after going from the bike to run. It's totally worth it!
you go girl! I have always wanted to do one,but I am not a strong swimmer. Good luck
Good Luck Mayme!!
Wow! Good luck! Yeah, the swimming part kind of freaks me out, given that I can't swim. haha :)
Post a Comment