4.20.2010

36 hours of Mom Time

After 4 months of hospital stay, my search for sanity lead me to a mini road trip with my life long friend of 16 years, CAMMI! We had hours of TALKING... Diet Coke (huge one would be mine! ;)...
Sitting in the sun....
(I had a nice burn to prove it! lol)


a morning at the spa!.... hallelujah to the "Swedish one hour massage!"


Shopping...
(unfortunately I did not come home with this totally amazing hat)



and more talking...

It didn't take spending too much time away for me to be eagerly rushing home to be with Boe & Porter! (I have a nasty speeding ticket to prove that one! Stupid Fillmore City Highway Patrol!!!) I definitely needed to take a brief step back from our everyday life, but I am grateful I came home excited to jump right back in. I know our situation is not ideal for anyone, but it's all we have. We are so grateful Porter has come so far and continues to light up our lives with his continual progress. I am so grateful to be a wife and a mother. I look forward to our lives slowing down a little & being able to spend time in our home. I love that I can be the homemaker in our house. Although everyday chores & stresses get overwhelming as mothers, I hope we can all step back & recognize that we would not choose to be anywhere else! If you have forgotten why you love being a mother, it may be time for you to take a little "Mom Time" for yourselves as well!
Thanks Cammi for being such a great friend & helping me find my happy place again! I love your guts! Always have, Always will! :)







6 comments:

Erika said...

Mom time is SO important. Glad you were able to get some much deserved mom time. :)

Nicole Marsh said...

Mom time is so wonderful, and definetly needed!! I am glad that you were able to have some fun. That is great that Porter is doing so well.

Eric and Allana said...

I'm glad you had fun. Give the little some kisses from us! Love you!

Cammi Olson Bates said...

that was one heck of a senior trip if you ask me!! i have awesome tan lines in the weirdest places now. I look at them and laugh, and then remember how we spent 5 hours soaking up the sun by the pool. amazing. Bounty Hunters was way funny and it was proven, once again, that I have NO LUCK gambling. (oh, and also proven that I probably will never read another book again even with the greatest intentions)
Mom times rocks almost as much as being a mom. can't have one without the other.
Thanks Marye! 16 years?! wow. are we that old?

Kyle and Shanalee said...

There is nothing better than a road trip to get your sights set straight again. I hope you soaked up the sun enough to get you through another couple of weeks, then it will be sunshine and SUMMER! Thanks for updating your blog, I think about you guys often & wonder how you are! Take care of yourself!!

Kenna & Josh said...

Sounds like a great getaway for some much needed "Mom Time"