4.30.2010

Day 1 @ home

It was so amazing to wake up with Porter in our room this morning! Baby crys in the wee hours of the morning are something that every mom experiences, something I wasn't able to have for so long. I love being the first person he sees in the morning!
I imagine this will be the new norm for us. Rocking Porter to sleep & taking work calls. Got to love real life! I'm not sure why Boe took this picture, probably because he kept telling me to stop answering my phone! :) haha

Sam met Porter for the first time today! He is so curious as to WHAT IS UP THERE ON THAT COUCH! We hope they grow to be good friends :) We are getting used to our new routine. We love being home with Porter! Today our big event is going to go see our pediatrician.

22 comments:

Natalie J said...

How exciting that Porter is home! What a relief that must be. I hope he continues to progress quickly!

Erika said...

Again - so thrilled for you to have him home!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I am so happy he his home. I'll bet you are just happy as a clam. I cannot wait to meet him. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm an awesome babysitter :)

Blakelee and Michael Ellis said...

Oh my gosh! I feel like I'm so out of the loop! All the sudden the little man is just home! Congratulations! Keep us all posted about his heart condition. That picture with Sam is adoreable! You are such wondeful parents. Stay strong! Love ya!

Princess Carrie said...

I am so glad Porter was able to come home. Let me know if you need anything!

Rebecca said...

Hey Marye and Boe,
It's Becky from the NICU. I am so thrilled you have Porter at home with you finally. I am sad I wasn't able to say goodbye to you all before you left. I haven't been at work in a few weeks, obviously. I am just really excited that the NICU is finally a thing of the past, and now you can move onto your next phase of life, at home with your little man! I hope we can stay in touch. My email is rebeccayount@comcast.net. Give Porter a big hug from me. Love you all, Becky

Nat and Nate 08 said...

Oh my I'm so happy for you guys!! I'm happy Porter is doing so well and I hope that he continues to do so. I was so happy for you guys I screamed in delight and told my husband!!! You guys are still in our prayers.

Jodi said...

We are so happy Porter is home with his Mama & Daddy. Crying tears of joy! Love you guys.

Jordan & Whitney said...

YAY!!! I am so excited to hear that porter is home. I am so happy for you guys.

The Bahrs said...

Marye! I can't even say how extreamly excited and happy I am for all of you!!! You are such an amazing mom and Porter is so blessed to have both of you! Let me know if you need any more hand sanitizer. :)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations!!! I didn't know you were home. I am so happy for you guys. Porter is so stinkin' cute.

Alicia said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! I wish the best of luck with the tag along machine and oxygen, but it sure is worth it!! The good old apnea monitor will go off a few times, but you sure do get used to it after a while. You are an amazing person and are so incredibly strong! Thanks for being such a great example.
Alicia

AJ, Mallory and Thacker said...

YAY!!! You guys are finally home! I am sooo happy for your sweet little family! Porter is so stinkin' cute and I can't believe how chunky he is getting! He is so precious. Congratulations again on coming home! We couldn't be happier for you!

Amy said...

O brother. I am in the computer lab at school trying not to cry... it's not working very well. I am so happy he is home! SO happy.

Brandyb said...

You guys look great! I sure do miss you and think of you often!!! Hopefully we are not to far behind ya! Take care Brandy

Jared & Courtney said...

Marye this just makes me so happy!!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!

Alisha said...

When i came to your page and saw that he came home i was so happy. im smiling right now! your awesome marye..such a great mother! porter is so adorable!

Haley Hill said...

Congratulations Marye! I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well and you could bring him home! Good luck with everything and keep posting!

EatRunWorkPlay said...

Mary, I stumbled upon your blog from Lindsey's and had no idea what the last four/five months have been like for you. I had heard you were prego with twins, but that was the last I had heard.
I'm so sorry for your lose of you baby girl. You are an amazing person. She was lucky to have been born to such great parents.
Porter is a handsome little guy!
I'm going to have to stay in touch now through your blog. Good luck!

Amanda Jo said...

Congrats! I'm so glad he's home! This has just been a great example of every trial being for a reason. He's absolutely adorable!

Cami said...

ahhh, i'm so excited for you guys. :) FINALLY that is so awesome!! congrats, a million times.

porter is so cute! what a champ making it through everything, i hope it stays smooth sailin' from here :)

Nicole Marsh said...

Way to go!!! That is so exciting that you are able to have him home now. Congrats