We woke to find our sweet little Porter like this...
4.30.2010
We are going home! SIKE!
Tuesday night Boe & I did our "Room In" with Porter at IMC. They have a sort of hotel room set up for us to have a trial run with our little man! It was an exhausting night trying to get used to his new monitor, the oxygen ticking, his little baby noises, ect. (Rooming in is especially helpful for as because he is coming home on oxygen & has to be monitored 24/7)
We woke to find our sweet little Porter like this...
Here is an exhausted Mom & Dad after a night of so little sleep! But WE LOVED IT!
When we went back to the NICU with Porter things did not go quite as we had hoped. Porter has Pulmonary Hypertension. We have known about it for a while, but recently the doctors have felt we didn't need to worry about it because he was stable on his oxygen needs as well as they were not able to hear any murmurs. Doctor Ward didn't feel comfortable sending him home without a consult from Doctor Day at Primary Children's. After running a few test to confirm that Porter does actually have signs of heart failure, Doctor Day at Primary Children's arranged for us to bring Porter to their NICU where he could monitor him. Doctor Day was going to be out of town & the only chance he could squeeze Porter in to have a Cardiac Cathidorization was if we got him in right away. So instead of us going home, we left IMC and went straight to Primary's. As I'm sure all of you can imagine our great disappointment for not being able to take Porter home. We were literally headed out the door, but with no promise that our NICU days were over.
We woke to find our sweet little Porter like this...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh dang it! I'm sorry that you didn't get to bring him home :( He looks so cute in his carseat. Hopefully you can do more rooming-in. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Darnit! I read a different post first and thought he was home.
Ok, I'm a bawl baby... reading all of these posts have made me cry!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy that you have your little man home adn that you can hold him any time of the day! Let em know when I can come visit him! Lvoe you lots, xoxo
Oh man that little Pulse Ox monitor and its annoying beeping, I dont miss those days at all!
Post a Comment