2.05.2010

7 Weeks old

Porter is 7 weeks old today! His landmarks for this week were....
2 lb 15 Oz
14 1/2 inches long
Wednesday he was moved from the Ventilator to the Nasal IMV! Big progress! They tried to do it last week & he did not respond well but they put him on a different steroid to help his lungs & he was able to make the jump successfully! IN FACT... tomorrow they are thinking they want to move him to the high flow nasal cannula!! For those of you who don't know much about the respiration world this is huge! :)
This picture is from Wednesday while he was trying out his new nasal prongs! (not fun... they are very long & uncomfortable but they get the job done)
This was my attempt of taking my own picture yesterday while I was holding Porter. I was able to hold him for an hour and a half & he was a very happy boy & I was a very ecstatic mom!

All things considered our little family is doing great! Of course we still have hard days, but I am pleased to say we have more good days then bad. I have found joy in talking to other NICU moms & sharing my experience & helping them cope with theirs. I am grateful I have the support I need from my husband & my family that I have enough to give to others. It is one of the most helpful things I've been able to do is try to help other moms smile! Sometimes a smile is asking a lot out of a mom who is having a hard day with a sick baby! So, to all you out there, send your smiles & love to all those around you! You never know what trial they may be experiencing!



10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

I'll say it again, you are one amazing woman. It's easy to see where Porter gets his strength.

Becky said...

You and your little guy are looking so good! I'm glad to hear about such big progress.

The Bahrs said...

Marye you are such an amazing mother. Porter is so adorable! He looks like he's made so much progress and is growing so much. Can't wait to see you teaching him to ride a bike on the cove! :)

Megan said...

We're happy to hear he, and you guys, are doing so well!

Danny said...

Porter looks great! I can't believe what a big change there is from his first pictures to these pictures. Your little family is amazing!

Eric and Allana said...

He is SOOOO DANG CUTE!!

Nicole Marsh said...

That is awesome that he is doing so well!

Kenna & Josh said...

Oh my gosh that is amazing news!!! YAY!!!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Marye,

I found this beautiful poem online and wanted to share it with you. I hope this is okay?

Your conception was a struggle
your gestation was just right
but your Father took your spirit
in the middle of the night.
You left this world too early
from our selfish carnal views.
We hoped that we could meet you
and hold you as you snooze.
We dreamed of you in dresses
we pictured you in bows.
Now the outfit to be blessed in
will rest with you below.
Your spirit will live on in us
and through your parents too,
and especially in your brothers three
who love you through and through.

I hope you are doing well and know that we love you and your family so much! So glad Porter is doing so well! I hope to come meet him sometime soon. You tell me when I can. Love you lots Marye!!! xoxo