6.08.2010
As many of you already know, Boe & I have been unable to attend church since the birth of our babies. While Porter was in the hospital we were able to take the sacrament at the hospital. Although we were not as spiritually uplifted as attending our full church meetings, it was still a wonderful blessing to have a branch at the hospital that allowed us the opportunity to partake of the sacrament & still be able to be together as a family. When we left the hospital we were advised to avoid all crowds & public places for 3 months. So, we haven't been back to church yet. I feel torn inside. I miss serving my ward & enjoying the bonding of working towards a common goal with others. This past month, I've missed taking the sacrament. I am grateful that my desire to be a part of Heavenly Fathers work has not gone away. I know Heavenly Father is my constant companion. I know he has strengthened my weak knees & held my head up when times were dark & scary for us. I know He loves me & understands that my calling the past 6 months has been to take care of my family. A job that only I could do. This has been the only time in my life when I have not attended church on a weekly basis. In a weird way, I'm grateful I've been able to experience this. I know that being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is and always will be very important in my life! I hope to be able to attend church very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marye,
You, Boe, and Porter are all just amazing in my eyes. I love reading about how you are doing!
You may not have been able to attend church and take the sacrament but God knows your desires and the intentions of your heart. I also think that He realized that you were so strong in the Gospel that you would be able to care for your family when they needed you most! I wish I could have the amount of faith you have!
Post a Comment