6.08.2010

BIG STEPS!


Porter has made some big steps this last week! Here's how it all happened....


Porter had one of his hardest weeks last week! He was barfing 2-3 times a day, screaming fits when he had to eat (literally it would take 1 1/2-2 hours to feed him. He was miserable & I couldn't find anything to help him feel better. So on Friday night I asked Boe to give him a blessing so we could figure out how to help him. Saturday morning I decided to take his oxygen off & monitor him & see how he did. He was able to keep his stats above 88% & he didn't throw up all day. In fact he hasn't thrown up since! We think he may have been swallowing a lot of air which was making his belly hurt. It has made a huge difference to not have to worry about oxygen during the day! He is still on it at night to help treat his heart. But that is totally bearable! We are still working on getting his appetite back up to what it should be but he is doing much better.


ALSO Porter slept in his own room last night! He did so great I couldn't believe it!! I actually think he slept better in his own room. I honestly only tried it for my personal sanity. Porter has become a great sleeper, but he is like any other baby & makes lots of cute little noises in his sleep & I hear EVERYTHING! I think mom & baby both slept better! :)

4 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

That is so exciting that he is off oxygen during the day. I am glad that you both slept better.

Erika said...

Yay for finding what was causing the tummy upset and for sleeping in his own room. Mommy and baby definitely sleep better when they're not hearing each other all night. :) Bekah was the same way when she moved to her own room.

The Bahrs said...

Oh Marye he was cute before but when you can see his whole face he is a HEARTBREAKER!! Isn't just wonderful how Heavenly Father will help you in every area of your life? You're such a good mom to even think to do that. I'm so happy that he's feeling better (and you've gotten some sleep!).

Kenna & Josh said...

Look at the little cutie breathing on his own. YAY!!!