
THIS FACE SAYS IT ALL! Porter had a hard day yesterday! We found out after he had a heart echo that he has PAH-
Pulmonary Artery Hypertension. Which is basically a side effect from his premature lung disease. The pressure in his lungs is too much on his heart & is causing right sided heart failure. He is currently being treated with
meds only. The doctors will follow his heart closely & are hoping it will start getting better soon. Also, Porter had his eyes checked yesterday & they are stage 3
ROP. Dr. Larson is going to come back on Sunday & see if they have progressed at all. Most likely he will need surgery on his eyes next week. We don't know what is in store for us right now. All we know is we still aren't close to the end of our hospital stay. We are very blessed that Porter is doing as well as he is! He is dealing with some hard things right now but we pray they will not be lifelong
challenges.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! (PORTER DOES HAVE GREEN ON...)
7 comments:
awwh! poor little guy :( that first picture is so cute though, melted my little heart. what a stud. i hope and pray little porter will soar through his little challenges.
Good luck! I'm still praying! I'm trying to figure out a good time to come take you to lunch and come see the little guy. Next week is my spring break, would that work? Also, make sure and check my blog! I nominated you!
Oh dear. Know your family and especially Porter is in our prayers. We love you and hope you know we are here if you need anything! (like dinner? I've been loving cooking lately, and I'd love to bring you adn Boe some?) ANyway, love you marye! xoxo
Thanks for letting me come over and visit today. We are praying for Porter. Let me know if you need anything!
Well, You and Porter and Boe are still in our prayers and we hope all will go up from here for you. I am so impressed by your strength and faith. you are a wonderful person and an amazing example to me.
Ahh rats. I was hoping his eyes would heal up on their own.
Im assuming if he does need surgery, he'll be going to Primarys?
Dont worry they are soo amazing and treat you like your baby is the only baby in the hospital.
I sure his little Ticker is going to be just fine as well! (Even though when you hear heart complications your mind of course wonders to all the what if's. At least mine did, and still does with every ECHO our little man gets.) But you'll be surprised how much their little tiny hearts can go through.
Ill contunue to pray for your cute little stud! Hopfully once those eyes are good to go, he can be outta that dang NICU.
Man. Thank heavens for modern medicine and that we live in America. They will take such good care of your little guy. You're in our prayers.
Post a Comment