
This is porter in his incubator right before they took him in an ambulance to IMC Hospital. We weren't allowed to really touch him.
Mommy & Daddy with baby Porter
Baby Paisley. You can see her little foot is about the size of half of Boe's thumb
Paisley holding Daddy's hand! That is Boe's wedding ring around her wrist! She is so tiny!
Paisley in her incubator
Our babies were born 14 weeks early today and these are the babies very first pictures. My amazing doctor did a little sneaking around in the ICU for me & brought back these pictures on her phone! It's amazing how much that meant to me when I wasn't able to see them!!
They have Saran wrap on them because their skin is so thin that the fluid in their body will literally evaporate through their skin. Porter's eyes are also still fused shut...
Porter Glen Eby
1 lbs .4 oz
This is Paisley. As you can clearly see, she was very badly bruised & one of her eyes are still fused shut.
This is Paisley. As you can clearly see, she was very badly bruised & one of her eyes are still fused shut. Paisley Elizabeth Eby
1 lbs 8 oz

Today has been one of the happiest, scariest, most wonderful days of my life! Our beautiful babies came unexpectedly this morning. So I'll start the story from the beginning since I know a lot of people want to know... if you aren't one of those, just skip to the pictures! ;)
3:15am: woke up in a crazy amount of pain. I was tossing & turning & couldn't find anything to make me feel better. I woke Boe up because I was getting scared & upset. He was amazing & helped me be calm. He gave me a blessing & I laid down in hopes that I was not actually in labor! (haha, what a fool!)
3:25am: called the on call doctor to get a second opinion (again hoping I wasn't really in labor! HA) & he told me to go to the hospital.
3:45 WE WERE OFF TO THE HOSPITAL! My contractions were 1-2 minutes apart & I was really feelin it! (later the nurse told me I was actually in more pain then if i had just been in labor because I was actually feeling the pain of the placenta tearing away from the uterus, aka Placenta Abrasion. unknown cause & no way to prevent, but that is the reason I went into labor early)
4:06am: arrived at the hospital. Nurses rushing all around me... Nurse checked me & I was at a 6. That's when I cried a little when I realized there was no stopping the babies from coming today. The doctor walked in & checked me, now at a 6, and explained that I was for sure having the babies & because of how early they are they would need to be transported to another hospital with a team of specialist for pre-term babies. Once again, a little crying.
about 4:25am....: I was on the delivery table, they checked me one more time & I was a 10 and the baby was descending! They rushed the epidural & decided a c-section would be the safest way to go. Porter was literally on his way out, but they were worried about Paisley because she was breech. Luckily I picked a great doctor because if she had decided to let me deliver vaginally Paisley might not have made it! As soon as Porter came out my uterus started contracting & she was stuck! They literally were pushing & pulling & tugging trying to get her out (very weird feeling!). Porter was born at 4:45 & Paisley was born at 4:55. They were immediately rushed out of the room. Boe was able to see them a little as they were being delivered but the most I saw was the back of the nurse running out of the room! Which under any other circumstance I would've been upset but I was comforted knowing that they were doing all they could to make sure my babies were ok!
We were able to see the babies for about 3 minutes each. We took pictures & talked to them, Boe was able to give them a fathers blessing. It was very sweet. It was incredibly sad to be sending such tiny little babies away all alone! These are a few pictures they let us take... please note I look terrible but they have pumped me full of fluids all morning & my face really shows it!!
10 comments:
You did a great job Mommy! It sounds like Boe is already doing some awesome work as a Daddy! Congrats on your little miracles!! They are beautiful! Keep me updated!
Oh Marye! Thanks for posting pics. We are praying for your precious babies. We have been privileged to witness so many marvelous miracles in our family. These two will bring more.
Marye and Boe you guys and your sweet little babies are in our prayers! Please let us know what we can do for you!
I'm so glad you posted some pictures and the story. I've been thinking about you guys all day. Please keep me posted and let us know if there is anything you need.
Marye-
they are beautiful! you are all in my thoughts.
Marye, I am so proud of you and Boe. You and the kiddies are in our thoughts and prayers. I love these babies, and already feel my eternal bond to them.
Who comes from the best family in the whole world?
WE DO!
I just heardd about what happend at a party. I'm so glad all went well. It's so hard for me to think that you were just visiting teaching me on Tuesday. What a great way to spend Christmas. Around two miracles sent to you just for Christmas!
They are SO Beautiful! Please know you and your family are in my prayers for a speedy and safe recovery. Also know if there's anything at all I can help with - I'll be there. No one should have to go through this, but thank goodness that we know that our father in heaven is always with us.
Marye my thoughts and Prayers are with you, Boe and your little family right now, I have taken care of little ones like your two babies through nursing school and working up at Primary Childrens, I can only imagine how hard it would be to have them be your own children. Just know that the staff will be doing everything they can to help your babies grow and be healthy, if you need anything I am completely here for you! I think it is so special that Boe gave them blessings and I know a lot of people will be praying for them to do well!
o my goodness. that is so scary. I am glad you are doing well and I hope your little ones can be strong and make it through this.
Post a Comment