12.30.2009

I think someone loves us!

Boe & I have been overwhelmed at the love & generosity that has been shown to us by so many people! Above is a picture of the "care package" our ward put together for us! (For those of you who are wondering, that is a kitchen table under all that stuff! haha) This is just one of the many kind things that have been done for us over the last 10 days! We could not help but feel completely overcome by the love that so many people have shown to us at this time! It is very obvious to us that it is because of all of these people, their love, and their prayers that our little Porter continues to do so well!
This is our little man in his favorite position! He loves to be all bundled up with his arms free as a bird! He has to have both arms free at all times or else! I had to take this picture today because I couldn't help but laugh with his arms straight up & his mouth wide open! What a silly boy! :)



These are pictures at our 2nd attempt at Kangaroo Care yesterday. I am happy to report that he did great & I was able to hold him for an entire hour! It was a very sweet hour for me!
As you can see above it takes a nurse & a respiratory therapist to be able to move him in and out of his incubator. We are able to hold him about once a week now, so next time we get to do Kangaroo Care hopefully Boe will be able to do it! Daddy's love Kangaroo Care too! I am so grateful for the amazing nurses & doctors that are at IMC Hospital! I have been very impressed with their kindness & how great they do their jobs!

4 comments:

Nicole Marsh said...

I am so glad that you were able to hold Porter for an hour. I bet that felt amazing. I hope he continues to do to awesome!!

Helen said...

That melted my heart. I bet you just loved holding him!

Eric and Allana said...

He is such a little stud! I think it is so funny how he already knows what he want and how he wants it. What a cutie!

Jessica Smith said...

Marye, your children are so precious. You are such a strong person. I am so happy to see that your marriage is great and that you are an amazing mother.