1 lbs. 12 oz. 12 1/4 inches long
feedings are up from 1 ml every 6 hours to 13 ml every 4 hours
Porter is now 3 weeks old! I can't believe it! Somedays I sit by his bed & it feels like we've been in the NICU forever, but when I'm at home reminicing about all that has happened it seems like a huge whirlwind that I didn't quite get to enjoy the whole experience. Now that we are in 2010, my goal is to be more positive, live in the moment, & figure out how to be a good mom.
Porter is now 3 weeks old! I can't believe it! Somedays I sit by his bed & it feels like we've been in the NICU forever, but when I'm at home reminicing about all that has happened it seems like a huge whirlwind that I didn't quite get to enjoy the whole experience. Now that we are in 2010, my goal is to be more positive, live in the moment, & figure out how to be a good mom.
2 comments:
Oh sweet sweet Marye! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. Honestly, I am so glad you were there so I could come here.
As you know Dawson's funeral is tomorrow. He had a small grade 4 and SO many surgeries (40+, 27 of which were brain). He is 4 1/2. His twin Mallory is struggling to process everything going on. Today is hard for me. Tonight I have felt drained in everyway possible. I was SO grateful to get your comment and read all about your babies. It was like a flashback to 4 1/2 years ago! It took me back and brought the feelings of fear, gratitude, faith and the awe of miracles. I needed that tonight!
This is going to be a long comment, but here are three things I want you to remember.....
No matter what happens..NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS...your babies are in the Lords hands, and so are you. If you will hold on to that in your hardest moments, peace will come! If you can remember that you will learn that in times of trial if we will ask the Lord "Why Me?" not in the way of "this isn't fair" but in the way of "what is it that I need to learn" you will be amazed at the way this experience will completely change who you are! You will know your Father in Heaven in a way you never have! There will be moments when things that you have believed and had faith in will change to Knowledge! It is amazing and priceless!
Second, I remember when they told me both kids had grade 3 bleeds and Dawson had a 4. The Dr. gave me the worst case. It scared me. My husband and I went to talk somewhere away from it all. I remember telling him that I knew I was WAY too selfish and inadequate for what was required. I was afraid I would fail them. My husband taught me the greatest lesson...He said, "Amy, these are among the Lord's most special spirits. He loves them. The are precious to Him. He would not send them to just anyone. He believes YOU are the best for them. He KNOWS you can do it. You just have to believe the same." That was JUST what I needed! When the hardest moments came I went back to that moment over and over! I don't know if I had it in me then, but I trusted the Lord. Everything I lacked (which was a lot) was given to me by Him!
And Last, this is what I have learned as I have watched my little Dawson return to his Father In Heaven.
These children are among the most noble spirits. They pass their tests and come only to receive their bodies and return home! How lucky are we to be their mothers?! How amazing is it that the Lord loves us enough to give us this gift?!
For those that get to stay for a time, whether it be 4 years or 70, they, before coming to this earth, knew that their bodies would have weaknesses and pain at times. However, they accepted the call because they knew that by their sacrifice their family, and especially their parents would have the opportunity to KNOW their Father in Heaven and KNOW the power of the Atonement and their Savior. THAT is the most important thing and they want us to know it! And you will! The Plan of Salvation isn't just a part of the Gospel, it is the whole purpose for it! It is our entire purpose here!
My little Dawson is so close to us now. Last night he taught me a great lesson...If we only knew how desperately those who are waiting for us just beyond the veil wanted us to feel what they feel and know what they know, we would do EVERYTHING we possibly could to get there! And, don't just get there by casually going through this life, work hard, do your best and the celebration at your return will be worth it all!
I will keep you guys in my prayers! I hope you feel your sweet Paisley cheering you on and cheering you up when you need it most!
I can't wait to learn from all of your experiences! Isn't blogging the BEST?! Write it ALL down! Believe it or not, one day it will all be a memory...and (GASP) you will even forget a lot of the details! :) I never thought that could happen! :)
With lots of Love! (and apologies for the longest comment in history)
Amy
In the short time you've been a mother I think you've fully proven that you are a wonderful mother and will always been such a strong example to your family.
Post a Comment