After two VERY LONG weeks I was able to hold Porter yesterday. Because of all the respiratory struggle he has been having and the unknown case for it we haven't been able to hold him for a while & it felt amazing to hold him & kiss him again!


This is his ONE MONTH OLD PICTURE! His face looks kinda sad because the tubes & tape are kinda pulling his face awkwardly... but he is still beautiful! Boe & I have been trying to decide what color his hair is going to end up being... if you can tell it looks like it could go in any direction... is it blond... red... brown??? Only time will tell I guess:-)

In a weird way I can't believe it's already been a month. So much has happened in just 30 days, but looking back it all almost seems like a blur. I cannot even begin to describe the physical & emotional changes we've been through as a family in such a short time. I know for me, my outlook on life, church, friends, family, the whole deal- has changed drastically. I pray that I will never forget the things I've learned. I know this experience has changed who I am, & I know I'll never forget it!
At 1 month Porter is 2 pounds.
13 1/2 inches long.
15 comments:
It's crazy to me that It has already been a month too! But then to think about all that has happened in the last 30 days it doesn't seem possible! Porter looks so great! I was comparing the beginning pictures to the 1 month pictures! holy progress!!! You are looking beautiful as ever marye!! Hang in there and please let me know if you need anything. I hope you got my voicemail. I think about you daily! Love ya!
Marye, I stumbbled across your blog as I was blog stalking and couldn't believe how much your situation has touched me! I literally started crying as I read each post. I know the feeling of complete excitement as a new mother and I'm glad you are trying to stay positive and have such a great support system! If there is anything...anything at all you need I will be more than happy to help in any way I can!!!
-Jeni Jo-
I LOVE IT, HE LOOKS AMAZING. I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO HOLD HIM. I THINK HE LOOKS A LITTLE BLONDE. CRAZY... WELL I LOVE YA. GLAD YOU GOT TO HOLD HIM :)
MEGS
OH he looks so adorable, I can't believe it's been a month already!! He looks like he is doing so great I am so happy about that!! His hair looks brown to me!! Love ya marye!!
Oh my goodness I cant believe how great he looks!!!
Im so glad you got to finally hold him!! I hated walking into that room and only being able to sit and stare! Nothings better than Kangaroo Care!!
Maybe his hair could be a strawberry blonde? Pull all three colors.
i can't beleive it's been a month already, that is crazy. he is looking so great! :)
Wow I can't believe it has been a month. That is so exciting that you were able to hold him again. I hope that the rest of the time goes by as fast so he can come home soon.
Marye.
Bless your sweet little heart. I am so grateful for you faith. You are inspiring. Truly.
Keep holding on.
YAY!! Happy Birthday Porter! :) he looks so cute and is getting big!
Happy 1 Month birthday Porter!!! Congrats! So glad you got to hold him again, Marye! You look absolutly beautiful in that picture. Love you! xoxo
sorry, that last comment from "hollyl" was from me. :-) I was signed on under the Poppyseed live account.
xoxo
You asked to know who is reading your blog. My cousin Amy Dalton Torres wrote about you in her blog, so I came over to read. I lost a baby eight years ago and I almost lost another when my placenta shut down early. I am glad Porter is doing well. May the Lord bless you. Thank you for sharing your story.
You probably don't remember me but I taught at WJHS 5 years ago. Jeni Jo had your blog link on her blog. I just wanted to tell you how much reading your blog meant to me. It is so inspirational to see your positive attitude at such a difficult time...and at such a young age. I admire you for your strength and courage. I pray for Porter and hope his body will soon show the physical strength that you and your husband are showing emotionally and spiritually. God bless you and your sweet family.
Sincerely,
Deena McClellan
SO CUTE!!!!!!
Oh Marry! He is so handsome! If the pictures don't do him justice, then he must be really cute. He even looks like he's getting some chub on his little cheeks! I'm glad he is doing so well and that you get to hold him three times a week! I miss seeing you and hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment