- First, I learned that Heavenly Father loves all of his children equally. And in some weird way, I like to think that He loves those who are struggling just a little bit more ;) I would love to share details about why I feel this way but because I don't want to share anything too personal to someone else, I'll have to skip that.
- Second, When opportunities come into your life that seem too big, or too hard, accept the challenge & do all in your power to do a good job! I look back on the overwhelming calling to serve as the Young Women's President, & had I went with my first instinct, to say no, I would've missed out on one of the sweetest experiences of my life!
- Belief Your Beliefs! I've heard that phrase before & it never sank in until now. I've always believed that families are forever & that being sealed in the temple allows you to live with your families for eternity, & if you were to loose a child in infancy that you would have the chance to raise them again in Heaven. It is amazing how you know something your whole life & then when it actually happens, you loose a child in infancy, you really have to stick to your faith, and belief your beliefs, or your testimony will crumple quickly.
I will deeply miss being with the girls & the women I served with! A new phase of life has began. I've entered the beautiful world of motherhood. Although the road has been paved with many unexpected trials, I look forward to the future & what joy life will continue to bring us!
5 comments:
You were such an amazing leader to those girls! I'm sure that you will be greatly missed.
Thanks for the comment!! :) I'm sure you were a super fun leader for those girls and definitely an inspiration and example to all of them 'cause you are to me! Anytime you need a haircut let me know!! I would love to do it!
That was so sweet!! Thanks for sharing it.
Hey Boe-I'm not sure if you remember me. I used to hang out with you and Jeff. I just read about your baby and I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family! I am so thankful for the Gospel and the knowledge of Etenal Families! I am glad to hear that your little boy is progressing and get better each day!
Marye you were an awesome leader. There were a lot of tears shed on Sunday in YW's b/c you were released. Even though you're not the YW's president anymore, you will still be a leader to those girls b/c of your example. I still have a close relationship w/ my YW's pres. even though it was 10 years ago that I was in YW's. You've changed their lives and they will never forget that. Love you!
Post a Comment