
Here is a picture of our big boy today! He is a whopping 1 pound 10 ounces & has grown 1/4 of an inch (now 12 1/4 inches long)! Great progress for such a little stud!

NEW EQUIPMENT! (Left, Nitric Oxide. Right, Oscillator Ventilator)Porter has accumulated quite the assortment of equipment these days! He has really struggled with his respiratory this week. After every test has come back negative, breathing treatments, bacteria cultures, fungal cultures, blah, blah, blah, more tests... They decided to take a shot in the dark and start him on Nitric Oxide lung therapy treatment and Porter LOVED IT! Within 10 minutes he went from requiring 100% oxygen down to 40% oxygen! HUGE PROGRESS! I had a long sigh of relief as I left the hospital this afternoon that they finally found SOMETHING to help him!

(his incubator & all his medication)
7 comments:
Marye, I am so happy to hear that Porter is doing so well. I love reading your blog and seeing all of the pictures.
P.S. I was so bummed to hear that you have been released. You are such an amazing woman and amazing YW president. Each of the young women and leaders that you have been around over the years is a much better person for having known you and having heard and witnessed your testimony. I am so blessed to have learned so much from you and for having you for a friend.
YAY... I am so glad it went well. he is so strong and such a fighter. He is always in my thoughts. thank you for today. I love ya. Get ready for our next daY Date.
Megs
Hooray!! I am so grateful that they have all those wonderful & amazing machines to help little Porter win his battles. The wonder & miracles of western medicine! Amazing people can come up with these things. It has to be inspired. Thank you Heavenly Father for giving us so many tools to help our little ones. Love you guys!
Yay finally something to help! We are so happy he is getting bigger! We love you all!
That is so awesome that they found something to help him!
YAY! so happy to hear that!
I'm glad that he's responding so well to the Nitric Oxide treatment. They had to put my little girl on that as well and than found out that her PDA had "re-opened". They ended up doing the surgery and with in a week and 1/2 she was completely off the ventilator. Good luck!!
Post a Comment