1.23.2010
moving along
(I've been trying to convince Porter he likes Binky's.... If he can learn to suck on it it will help him when he is able to bottle feed.)
Porter is doing great! Last night he weighed 2 lbs 7 ounces! He is increasing on feeds & has continually struggled trying to figure out how to get his bowels to work, however yesterday, we had a BLOW OUT! Never thought I'd be so happy to change a nasty poopy diaper! When you stop seeing poopy diapers it's a bad thing! He has weaned on his ventilator settings a little bit, & he has been able to maintain an oxygen saturation in the low forties pretty well. We are slowing getting back to breathing well. They have been giving him pretty intense lung treatments. Very similar to how doctors treat asthma, with inhaled steroids. I think it is helping. It has helped release a lot of junk that has built up in his lungs. They try to suction it out ever 3 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad Porter is continually getting better and bigger!!
Porter is looking soooo great! It's crazy that babies can keep getting cuter and cuter everyday!
Every new picture he looks better and better. He is doing so well!
And getting his sats to the 40's is awesome!! Is he still on Nitric? I had a love/hate relationship with that stuff, but it really did help.
Post a Comment