1.20.2010

Holding more ofter :-)

Boe & I decided to take turns holding Porter, every other we switch off. Yesterday was Boe's turn. They decided to up our holds to 3 times a week! YAHOO! When he proves that he can continue to gain weight while being held we can hold him once a day everyday for an hour. (they still worry about over stimulating him. Getting him in and out of his incubator is a pretty big deal)





Grandma & Grandpa Culverwell came to visit yesterday. They were amazed with Porter's progress! It's fun to see others reactions when they haven't seen him for a month! He has made a lot of progress! :-)Porter weighed in at 2 pounds 3 ounces last night!

10 comments:

Jodi said...

It makes me cry with joy to see Porter in his parents arms! Every success is such a milestone and hurdle to cross. We are cheering for you Porter and are excited for every bump crossed on your journey! Love you guys!

Kenna & Josh said...

Yay! That so exciting!! I hope he keeps gaining so you can get to hold him more! Its crazy how just taking them out can burn so many calories!

Megan said...

I am SO excited for you. He looks so amazing. I am so excited for you that you guys get to hold more now. That is so amazing. He is progressing so much everyday. I am so glad he is continuing to do well. Love you guys.
Megs

Nicole S. said...

I'm so glad you guys will be able to hold him more often!!!

Shelley said...

Yeah! I am so glad you get to hold him more often. We will continue to pray for him and especially for him to keep gaining weight :)

Blakelee and Michael Ellis said...

he just looks so good!!!! Congrats on getting to hold him more often! I'm sure he loves it! Even though it is a big deal getting him out of the incubator! How are his oxygen sats? Have they stabilized okay?

Nicole Marsh said...

I hope that you can hold him everyday. That would be so awesome!! I can't believe how fast he is gaining weight, way to go!!

Cammi Olson Bates said...

he already gained another 3 ounces??? WAY TO GO GUYS!! all of you. Its a group effort and I'm so happy he is doing so well.
love you!

Haley Hill said...

Marye-I'm so glad you commented on my blog because it reminded me that I wanted to say hi to you and tell you that I follow your blog and I think and pray for you guys often! You are so strong and you're an inspiration. Keep up the faith and keep posting updates!

Cami said...

i can't read your blog and not have tears come to my eyes. little porter is looking so great! and that is so awesome that you're able to start holding him more! :)